Nicholas Grimshaw, Braunton North Devon | Doctor of Chiropractic
Nicholas Grimshaw MChiro MCC DC
Doctor of Chiropractic

t: 07977062663
a: 2 Barton Lane Close, Braunton.
   EX33 2AZ

click for map
home | about us | what is chiropractic | FAQs | Fees | Privacy Policy
Q1. Can I get chiropractic care on the NHS?
A1. It is always worth asking your GP, your local Primary Care Trust or Health Board if NHS funding is available for chiropractic. As yet, it is not widespread even though chiropractic care is included in the Musculoskeletal Services Framework published by the Department of Health.

Q2. Regulation. How do I know I’m in safe hands?
A2. In common with medical practitioners and dentists, the chiropractic profession is regulated by law. The Chiropractors Act 1994 provides statutory regulation for the profession and the title 'chiropractor' is protected under this legislation. The statutory regulator is the General Chiropractic Council (GCC) and it is illegal to practise as a chiropractor without being registered with the GCC.
All British Chiropractic Association members are required to be registered with the GCC.
Furthermore, all Chiropractors are required to undertake a 4 or 5 year full time degree course covering many subjects including; Radiology (interpretation of xray), Anatomy, Physiology, Neurophysiology/anatomy, Chiropractic technique, General diagnosis and radiography (the taking of xray) to name a few.

Q3. Does it hurt?
A3. Your Chiropractor will take a full case and medical history along with a specific orthopaedic examination to determine the cause of your problem. Only then will he/she begin treatment once a working diagnosis, full explanation and consent have been agreed. Treatment should not hurt but if the area is inflamed you may already be in some discomfort. Your Chiropractor is best placed to advise and inform you to achieve the best and quickest results.

Q4. Heat or Ice?
A4. This very much depends on what the cause of the problem is. Unfortunately if heat is used in the wrong situations it can cause a problem to be more chronic. Always seek the advice of your Chiropractor if in doubt (its only a phone call).